Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Caravaggio paintings

Caravaggio paintings
Claude Lorrain paintings
As he went on, always putting one foot before the other, he saw a horseman trotting quickly and merrily by on a lively horse. "Ah, said Hans quite loud, what a fine thing it is to ride. There you sit as on a chair, you stumble over no stones, you save your shoes, and cover the ground, you don't know how."
The rider, who had heard him, stopped and called out, "Hi, there, Hans, why do you go on foot, then."
"I must," answered he, "for I have this lump to carry home, it is true that it is gold, but I cannot hold my head straight for it, and it hurts my shoulder."
"I will tell you what," said the rider, "we will exchange, I will give you my horse, and you can give me your lump."
"With all my heart," said Hans, "but I can tell you, you will have to crawl along with it."

No comments: