Monday, July 7, 2008

Eric Wallis Undressing painting

Eric Wallis Undressing painting
Flamenco Dancer dance series painting
insignificant that I thought I must be invisible to the naked eye. Jonas never said a word about women and he never looked at me. But I realized then and there what a pitiful, frivilous, small-souled little butterfly I was, and how horribly different I must be from Jonas' ideal woman. SHE would be grand and strong and noble. He was so earnest and tender and true. He was everything a minister ought to be. I wondered how I could ever have thought him ugly -- but he really is! -- with those inspired eyes and that intellectual brow which the roughly-falling hair hid on week days.
"It was a splendid sermon and I could have listened to it forever, and it made me feel utterly wretched. Oh, I wish I was like YOU, Anne.
"He caught up with me on the road home, and grinned as cheerfully as usual. But his grin could never deceive me again. I had seen the REAL Jonas. I wondered if he could ever see the REAL PHIL -- whom NOBODY, not even you, Anne, has ever seen yet.
"`Jonas,' I said -- I forgot to call him Mr. Blake. Wasn't it dreadful?

No comments: