Friday, July 4, 2008

John William Waterhouse The Lady of Shalott painting

John William Waterhouse The Lady of Shalott painting
Claude Monet Water Lily Pond painting
SAY IT!"
Davy gave her another incredulous look, then in a low voice he said the dreadful word. The next minute his face was burrowing against her.
"Oh, Anne, I'll never say it again -- never. I'll never WANT to say it again. I knew it was bad, but I didn't s'pose it was so -- so -- I didn't s'pose it was like THAT."
"No, I don't think you'll ever want to say it again, Davy -- or think it, either. And I wouldn't go about much with Mr. Harrison's hired boy if I were you."
"He can make bully war-whoops," said Davy a little regretfully.
"But you don't want your mind filled with bad words, do you, Davy -- words that will poison it and drive out all that is good and manly?"
"No," said Davy, owl-eyed with introspection.
"Then don't go with those people who use them. And now do you feel as if you could say your prayers, Davy?"
"Oh, yes," said Davy, eagerly wriggling down on his knees, "I can say them now all right

No comments: