Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Edmund Blair Leighton The Charity of St painting

Edmund Blair Leighton The Charity of St paintingEdmund Blair Leighton Alain Chartier paintingEdmund Blair Leighton Off painting
I got this far, didn't I?' he said slowly. They thought I'd die in the attempt, but I'm here ... and you're in my power ... I'm the one with the wand ... you're at my mercy ...'
'No, Draco,' said Dumbledore quietly. 'It is my mercy, and not yours, that matters now.'
Malfoy did not speak. His mouth was open, his wand hand still trembling. Harry thought he saw it drop by a fraction -
But suddenly footsteps were thundering up the stairs and a second later Malfoy was buffeted out of the way as four people in black robes burst through the door on to the ram-parts. Still paralysed, his eyes staring unblinkingly, Harry gazed in terror upon four strangers: it seemed the Death Eaters had won the fight below.
A lumpy-looking man with an odd lopsided leer gave a wheezy giggle.

No comments: