Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Vincent van Gogh Still Life with Iris painting

Vincent van Gogh Still Life with Iris paintingVincent van Gogh Harvest Landscape paintingVincent van Gogh Fishing in Spring painting
spoke: the seeker must be not only astigmatic but addicted to lenses, telescopic and microscopic; the tower he lived in I would convert to a sort of hugecamera obscura into which images of life outside were projected, ten times more luminous and interesting than the real thing -- perfect, perfect! And my amateur of would welcome and treasure his cancer, his admission-ticket to brotherhood. . .
But even as my enthusiasm grew, Stoker Giles shook his head.
"It's wrong, classmate." He even laid a hand on my arm -- I can only saylovingly. And for all I saw pretty well he was playing to the hilt his role of clairvoyant, the touch moved me. And the laughing candor in those eyes, that exalted-imp's face (doubtless practiced in a mirror) -- the wretch had a way with him! My quick disappointment gave way to lassitude, a sweet fatigue. Itwas wrong, of course; all I'd ever done was wrong. I had no hold on things. My every purchase on reality -- as artist, teacher, lover, citizen, husband, friend -- all were bizarre and wrong, a procession of hoaxes perhaps impressive for a time but ultimately ruinous. He couldn't know how deep his words went, almost to the wellsprings! Without for a moment accepting him asprophet (I knew all moods are

No comments: