Monday, September 29, 2008

Leonardo da Vinci paintings

Leonardo da Vinci paintings
Lord Frederick Leighton paintings
Mark Rothko paintings
Dick, for God’s sake don’t. I can’t stand it,” but I went towards the door. I opened it and there was only the oak between us and the man beyond. Suddenly Guy’s face became twisted with hatred and his voice harsh. “So you’re in it, too. You’re going to betray me to that fiend. He’s bought you as he has bought Ramsey. There’s not a man in the he hasn’t bought or bullied into it and I can’t fight the lot,” his voice suddenly fell to a tone of blind despair and he rushed into his bedroom, slamming the door. I hesitated between the two doors and then, picking up a heavy candlestick, opened the oak.
On the threshold, blinking in the light, was the strange man.
“So you’re here, too, Barnes,” he said slowly; “but that is excellent. What I wish to say is for you as well as Legge. I want to apologize for being so rude that evening when you two came up to see me. I was very nervous. But where is Legge?”
And from the bedroom came a sound of hysterical sobbing, the wild, hideous sobbing of a mad man.

No comments: