Sunday, October 5, 2008

Peter Paul Rubens Duke of Lerma painting

Peter Paul Rubens Duke of Lerma paintingJohn William Godward Youth and Time paintingLeonardo da Vinci Portrait of Cecilia Gallerani painting
you’re being divorced,’ said my father. ‘Isn’t that rather unnecessary, after you’ve been happy together all these years?’
‘We weren’t particularly happy, you know.’
‘Weren’t you? Were you not? I distinctly remember last Christmas seeing you
together and thinking how happy you looked, and wondering why. You’ll find it very
disturbing, you know, starting off again. How old are you - thirty-four? That’s no age to be starting. You ought to be settling down. Have you made any plans?’ ‘Yes. I’m marrying again as soon as the divorce is through.’ ‘Well, I do call that a lot of nonsense. I can understand a man, wishing he hadn’t married and trying to get out of it - though I never felt anything of the kind myself - but to get rid of one wife and take up with another immediately, is beyond

No comments: