Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jack Vettriano Bird on the Wire

Jack Vettriano Bird on the WireJack Vettriano Big Bert's Favourite GirlJack Vettriano Between Darkness and Dawn
'Good. Got things to organize,' said Dibbler. 'See you tonight. The Cavern. Seven o'clock.'
He strode off.
'You know the funny thing about him?' said Glod.
'What?'that. Show business is in me soul.'
Ponder looked down at the thing they had hammered together.
'I don't understand it either,' he said. 'But . . . it looks as though we can trap it in a string, and it makes the string play the music again. It's like an iconograph for sound.'
They'd put the wire inside the box, which resonated beautifully. It played the same dozen bars, over 'The way he was smoking that sausage. Do you think he knew?'Asphalt grabbed Cliff's bag and slung it easily over his shoulder.'Let's go, boss,' he said.'An elephant sat on you?' said Buddy, as they crossed the square.'Yup. At the circus,' said Asphalt. 'I used to muck 'em arht.''That's how you got like that?''Nope. Dint get like this 'til elephants had sat on me tree, fo' times,' said the small flat troll. 'Dunno why. I'd be cleanin' up after 'em, next minute it'd all be dark.''I'd have quit after the first time, me,' said Glod.'Nah,' said Asphalt, with a contented smile. 'Couldn't do

No comments: