Friday, September 5, 2008

childe hassam paintings

childe hassam paintings
Cheri Blum paintings
Camille Pissarro paintings
Oblivious to us now, George wandered back towards what I'd taken for a serpent, singing blithely as he went:

"Well, Mister Tiger he roar, and Mister Lion he shout --George by this time had turned on his machine and was dusting the tops of a bookrow with its nozzle. Max shook his head as if the sight grieved him, and after reassuring himself that my injuries had been more painful than serious (and were besides the lesser of my hurts), he bade me hear how the black man and I had come each to his present misfortunate pass.

But it's WESCAC'll EAT you if you don't watch out."

swept curiosity away. "Max -- I killed Tommy!"
Nodding, Max rose from his knees. "Ja ja, that's a bad thing, and him such a fine buck." Still there was no anger in his voice; even the sorrow seemed not quite for my dead friend's sake. "But I've done a worse thing. Wasn't it Max Spielman killed poor Tommy, sure as if I'd hit him myself?"

No comments: