Monday, September 8, 2008

Leonardo da Vinci paintings

Leonardo da Vinci paintings
Lord Frederick Leighton paintings
Mark Rothko paintings
than I'd anticipated. But my attention was sorely divided: not only was I listening at the same time to the conversation in the Treatment Room, which I'd remembered could be overheard at the flip of a switch; I was also sharply interested in observing through the glass what appeared to be a new development in the strange relation between Greene and Sear.
"Ithought he wanted to apologize for last spring," Anastasia said. "In fact, I was going to offer to explain the whole thing to his wife, in case she thought it washis fault, what he'd done to me. But when he started in on thissister Busi, and how he was sorry he'd ever thought it wasme that wasn't a virgin. . .! He got more excited all the time, saying his wife was the dearest little wifey on the Founder's green campus and I was the dearest little sister, and women like Maurice's secretary and mysister were floozies that ought to be horsewhipped! Kennard was right there listening to the whole thing, and when Mr. Greene

No comments: