Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Frederic Edwin Church paintings

Frederic Edwin Church paintings
Frederic Remington paintings
Francisco de Goya paintings
She closed her eyes and pounded the couch-cushion with one fist. "Why do You think I see these things about myself now, and never did before?"
I admitted that I hadn't any idea, unless it was that my mistaken first counsel to her and Stoker had led her to see that his abuses had nothing to do with her want of feeling for him.
"No, You idiot!" She gasped at her outcry, then wept freely and pounded the cushion with both fists. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Oh, Founder, You of all people. . . I can't say any more. . ."
"Now listen here, Anastasia," I said; "I'm a little tired of all this mystery. I'm not the Grand Tutor, but --"
"Youare, George!"
I shook my head firmly. "I'm not; that's almost certain. But either way, I want you to take my advice and assert yourself. If I'mnot the Grand Tutor, then what I tell you now is right because it's the opposite of what I said before, when I thought I was; if Iam (which I doubt), then it's right because I am. Youmust assert yourself."

No comments: