Sunday, September 21, 2008

George Frederick Watts Orpheus and Eurydice painting

George Frederick Watts Orpheus and Eurydice paintingCarl Fredrik Aagard The Deer Park paintingSalvador Dali The Great Masturbator painting
There was a pause. Mrs. Kent-Cumberland stitched away at a gros-point chair seat. “You know, dear boy, that I never interfere, but I have often wondered whether you treated Gladys very kindly. I know I was partly to blame, myself. But you were both very young and your prospects so uncertain. I thought a year or two of separation would be a good test of whether you really loved one another.”
“Oh, I am sure she has forgotten about me long ago.”
“Indeed, she has not, Tom. I thought she seemed a very unhappy girl.”
“But how can you know, Mother, just seeing her casually like that?”
“We had luncheon together,” said Mrs. Kent-Cumberland. “In an A.B.C. shop.”
Another pause.
“But, look here, I’ve forgotten all about her. I only care about Bessie now.”
“You know, dearest boy, I never interfere. I think Bessie is a delightful girl. But are you free? Are you free in your own con You know, and I do not know, on what terms you parted from Gladys.”
And there returned, after a long absence, the scene which for the first few months of his Australian venture had been constantly in Tom’s memory, of a tearful parting and many

No comments: