Sunday, February 22, 2009

Piet Mondrian Composition 2

Piet Mondrian Composition 2Steve Thoms PoppiesEdvard Munch Puberty 1894Unknown Artist Heighton After Hours
London," she said.
"And what are you doing so far north?"
"With my father," she mumbled. She kept her eyes down, avoiding the gaze of the marmot, and trying to look as if she was on the verge of tears.
"With , you're a lucky little girl. Those huntsmen who found you brought you to the best place you could be."
"They never found me," she said doubtfully. "There was a fight. There was lots of 'em and they had arrows...."your father? I see. And what's he doing in this part of the world?""Trading. We come with a load of New Danish smokeleaf and we was buying furs.""And was your father by himself?""No. There was my uncles and all, and some other men," she said vaguely, not knowing what the Samoyed hunter had told him."Why did he bring you on a journey like this, Lizzie?"" 'Cause two years ago he brung my brother and he says he'll bring me next, only he never. So I kept asking him, and then he did.""And how old are you?""Eleven.""Good, good. Well, Lizzie

No comments: